Monday 8 October 2012

Funky Aardvark

Last weekend I visited the beautiful city of Chester, where I had the privilege of meeting the inspirational Bex Raven, who runs the Funky Aardvark, a fabulous shop/gallery which showcases the work of a range of up and coming artists, as well as holding regular exhibitions and arts courses.

I was lucky enough to meet one of the talented artists whose work was on show - Katie of Kipper Tie and Cake, who makes the most wonderful badges, felt tattoos and traditional hand sewn teddy bears.

Alfie mohair teddy bear by Kipper Tie & Cake


Other work which impressed me included the colourful glass creations of Chrissie Smith Glass and Alicebead's individually designed jewellery and bags.

Happily Bex liked my work, and so I'm lucky enough to have some of my items on sale in the Funky Aardvark shop.  If you're ever passing through Chester, please do call in and show your support for this wonderful venture.  You won't find anything like it on the average high street.

A final mention must go to the Cheshire Sandwich Company, who make the most amazing sandwiches, and provided the kind of customer service that is sadly so often lacking these days.  Check them out if you get the chance.

Until next time, have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. It was really nice meeting you in the Aardvark & thanks for giving me a mention, hope we can meet up again in Chester sometime soon.
    Katie
    Kipper Tie & Cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bear! <3

    Love your blog BTW :D I'm following via Linky :D

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bella
      Katie makes some gorgeous stuff - this bear is my favourite!
      Thanks for following my blog
      Sara

      Delete