Friday 23 November 2012

Stocking fillers

It's that time of year again.  Christmas is fast approaching, and I've been frantically trying to add stock to my Etsy shop.  My latest additions are these mini notebooks made from recycled wallpaper!


There are some amazing wallpaper designs to be found these days, and these are just a few examples of some designs that caught my eye.  The books are comprised of a single signature of around 10 folded pages which are then attached to the wallpaper samples which have been stiffened with gold or silver card.  The finishing touch is to round the corners, and then add a few beads to the spine in contrasting or toning colours.




I'm quite happy with the results.  I love the deep pink flowers against the black background on this one (above left), but I think my favourite is the 'lace-effect wallpaper' used on the notebook in the picture (above right).  I haven't seen this wallpaper before or since making this book, but I just love it.  Amazing things can be created from the most unlikely of objects.  Do you have any crafty recycling tips?  Do share them with me.

Until next time - happy making!

No comments:

Post a Comment